Sunday 30 January 2011

There was plenty of grass there

Based partially on John 6:10 and partially on the packaging from a pair of socks this is a lovely reflection on the feeding of the five thousand and it's relevance to us today. Bodgen wrote this if I remember correctly after struggling with writers block as we all do. Rosalind his wife suggested looking at the reflections that came printed on the packaging of a pair of Holy Socks (http://www.holysocks.co.uk/) he had had for Christmas. Enjoy...

There Was Plenty of Grass There by Bogdan Wasylkiw
JOHN 6:10 ...There was plenty of grass there.
Fancy John remembering that!
And he was right, there was much grass in the place, and never has such grass hosted such a picnic.
I had followed Jesus because I had heard about all the amazing things that he had done and I was curious.
I really didn’t want to get involved. I just wanted to look from the outside.
Anyway he told us all to sit down and we did (well it was a good start in obedience).
I hadn’t brought any food – I didn’t expect to stay – it wasn’t a planned day out.
Jesus was there and I just wanted to see him.
I didn’t even notice that I was hungry.
But Jesus must have known what I needed.
I noticed a small boy talking to Andrew but never thought much about it.
He gave all he had five barley loaves and two fish.
And look what Jesus did with it amazing he fed everyone and yet what the boy gave was so little.
It hardly seemed worth giving.
And I remembered all that I had at home to give.
What if I had brought it and offered it to Jesus.
What could he have done with it?
What could he still do with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment