Saturday 23 October 2010

Another year - have I born the fruit expected of me

Last year at this time I gave a homily to the deacon's in formation and by chance this year I have to give a homily on the same reading. That of Luke 13:1-9. Now after I have finished writing the new homily for this year I am struck by the reference to the fig tree being given another year to bare fruit. I find myself asking what I have done this last year, what fruit have a produced. I am feeling quite humble, quite small, far from worthy. My mind produces the image of myself on my knees at Mass, "Lord I am not worthy, but only say the word and I shall be healed." I am nourished by the Lord, but have I born fruit?


Homily - Sat 23rd Oct 2010.pdf
Homily - Sat 24th Oct 2009.pdf

Both homilies attached, have read if you like and see what difference a year makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment